Saturday, March 3, 2012

We need more critical thinkers.

Blogging this late at night might be a bad idea. Then again it might not be. Lets find out which!

I saw this excellent article that had a series of 6 very short videos about critical thinking. They were produced by the Australian government and geared for their 8th -10th grade students.

http://io9.com/5888322/critical-thinking-explained-in-six-kid+friendly-animations

I wish this was taught more in the U.S. I'm trying to teach these skills to my own family and thought I'd do my part to spread the word on logic and reasoning.

I want to hone my own skills in this area as well, as I can see that I have lots of room for improvement. I've also been trying to educate myself more on all the types of logical fallacies so that I can become better at spotting them, debunking them, and at avoiding using such arguments myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment